Frequently Asked Questions
This building was designed for your animal’s comfort. This means they may toilet in here in dedicated toileting areas. All eliminations are cleaned and sanitised straight away. Do not be embarrassed if your dog has an accident inside our reception or if your cat has had an accident in its cat cage on the way to the hotel, we will get them cleaned up straight away and they can go off and enjoy their time with us.
If you have a puppy that you are in the process of toilet training and you start coming to Central Bark where they can toilet indoors, we recommend making sure you step the training back up at home so that they are still clear on the house rules you are setting.
Central Bark animal care coordinators are all trained in positive reinforcement care and training methods. Rewarding positive behaviours to encourage good behaviour and socialisation. Our team are experienced in reading pet body language and behaviour in both dogs and cats and so can identify if an animal is enjoying itself or is feeling stressed. We always provide honest feedback with our clients about their pet’s behaviour during their stay with us, giving advice and offering training options. Dogs socialising at Central Bark are only allowed to engage in mutual physical or mouth play with other dogs. Rough, overly boisterous or aggressive behaviour cannot exist in our day care environment.
Bookings and Cancellations
- Booking requests are held for 48 hours only. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received. If no payment is received within 48 hours of the request, the booking will be released.
- Cancellations made within 5 days of the booking commencing date, will not be entitled to a refund.
- Cancellations made with 5 days or more notice from the booking commencement date, will receive a credit for all but a 25% cancellation fee of the total amount paid. This credit will be valid for 90 days and can be used for hotel, daycare and grooming services.
- For all secured bookings (where payment has been received) a $25 administration fee will be applied each time the dates are amended. If you are reducing the length of your stay, please refer to the cancellation timeframes.
- Hotel booking requests for new clients are subject to passing the behavioural assessment.
- We do not accept pets with stitches, cones, injuries or that are unwell. Please check that we can administer any required medication prior to booking.
- Pets over the age of 6 months must be desexed to attend our facility.
- Please note that there if you are dropping your pet off outside of the Check in/ Check out times fees apply.
- We do not offer an after-hours pick-up service. If you are unable to pick up your pet prior to closing, please advise at your earliest convenience and we can book them in for an additional overnight stay.
- Pre-payment is required for all services.
- In the event of picking up your pet early from their stay no refund or credit is given.
- For all peak periods (public holidays and school holidays), there is a surcharge per day. Please contact for further information regarding exact dates.
- A 7-night minimum stay applies between 20th December to 20th January.
- Daycare concession passes have expiry dates. No extensions or refunds will be offered for expired passes.